In the midst of the lavender batts spinning I snuck in some different fibre.
Then I moved on to my first beaded art yarn.
Oh boy, I did not love the beading part. Spinning the BFL locks was a lot of fun and I look forward to finishing the bag of locks - but I won't be beading that yarn.
It wasn't long before more fibre found its way onto a bobbin. I was looking to make a particular yarn for a Starry project. I thought it was time to spin my 8oz of silver alpaca-silk.
NOW I have this amazing BFL from Waterloo Wools on the wheel. It's the closest colourway I had in my stash for the intended project. I'll simply amend my project to be stars over the ocean!
Less than 3 days after starting I have about 280m of fingering weight yarn (in 2 skeins)
|2 bobbins of singles|
|First bobbin of plied yarn|
|Skein 1 drying indoors|
|Skein 2 drying outside in the wind|
|Checking colours together before washing.|