Saturday, April 6, 2013

Princess and the Pea

I love a good mystery knit-along.  I have yet to be disappointed.
I've knit a few mystery shawls and socks. [Rav link]
When I caught that Lily Go was having another MKAL in February I jumped on board and even bought her signature yarn for the project.  It was exciting to receive a package from Malaysia, where she lives.


I chose not to go with the featured purple colourway and opted for some intense Precious blue that I knew I could pair with some pink-lined, blue-glass beads in my stash. I discovered mid-way through that I probably would have had enough for the large (I knit the medium size), but by then it was too late as this is knit from the bottom up.

 


Silly me neglected to wear it today to Hans Christian Anderson Day at the local Scandinavian Cultural Center.  I hadn't even thought of it until someone mentioned that Princess and the Pea is a H.C. Anderson story. Granted, I hadn't planned to stay and attend the event after my eldest's dance class.

No comments:

Post a Comment