Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Big projects

I love large projects and the satisfaction of completing them... but the middle can become rather tedious.  I remember stalling on my Evenstar shawl when I hit the repetitious columns.  And then there was the knit-on edging. With many beads.  But it was well worth it in the end.






The current giant shawl I am working on was a mystery KAL inspired by the novel Around the World in 80 Days.  I listened to the book while knitting the first portion.  This huge project also stalled for a while as I started my own large KAL for a new design (Tread Softly), developed an aversion to knitting during pregnancy (it was horrible!), moved across provinces to be closer to family, had twins, etc.

The start of the project


I finally picked it up again this summer.  Most of the knitting was done during long drives.
Now, I am finally binding off! (I cheated a wee bit an omitted the last pair of rows.  I want to wear this to my SIL's wedding this month and thought the crochet BO would take longer than it is.)

The state of the shawl for a long time.
I look forward to sharing FO photos. Any day now...

No comments:

Post a Comment